We didn’t have a second thought booking this resort coming from an overwhelming experience at Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa in Maldives a year ago. And we say again, Centara didn’t fail us!
1. Location set between the Indian Ocean and Bentota River: You’ll have the best of both worlds wether you’re a beach or a river person.
We’re greeted by Russel in the 1st lobby with cold lemongrass -scented towels, cold water on hand and comfy lounge area after a gruelling 9-Hr land trip from Sigiriya-Kandy-Bentota, while checking our reservations and preparing our boat ride to the main resort which is across the lagoon.
As self-proclaimed children of the Sun and the Sea, we usually wake up early, and step into the golden sand of the Bentota shores and vastness of the Indian ocean. We didn’t hesitate to stay out in the sun during our 3 day stay – sunbathing, swimming and taking an afternoon long walk to the end of the island and watched the sun set.
2. All-Inclusive Offerings: One tip is for you to upgrade to All-Inclusive dining and wining to make the most of your experience at the resort. My travel buddies and I love to eat and drink at our hearts content and this is the best way to eat and drink all you can from the select menus in Cafe Bem, In-Between, Ceylon or the pool bars and even in your room minibars with an addition of $50/person/day.
3. Spacious Rooms: In our Family Residence corner rooms, fruits and pastries await us in the room and again in awe, we can’t help but jump for joy while going from the living, to the bedroom, the bathroom and balcony view of the sea and swimming pool on both sides of the room.
4. Accommodating and Friendly Staff: Even when we reached almost midnight at the resort, Chaminda and his helpful staff, easily prepared and checked us in. Aside from the wide selection of food, our dining experience was even made special by Sumeera and Sunjith.
5. Less crowd: Privacy is one factor that we’re looking for in a resort where you’ll have the chance to do your thing without or less distraction.
1. Neighboring insects: Our travel mate had a hard time sleeping with the lingering presence of insects in our room. With a location between 2 bodies of waters, insects might be rampant and must be addressed seriously be fumigated in a regular basis.
2. Minor reservation glitch: We’re in the zone when we’re able to book the Royal Suite that will accommodate all 5 of us in this 2-BR suite , only to be advised a week before our trip that it’s scheduled for renovation.
3. Non-motorized water-sports facilities not included in All-Inclusive Package: We can’t help but compare and wonder why these facilities would cause extra while it’s included in their other partner resorts.
Overall, it’s one beach destination to tick of your list!
Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa | Aluthgama, Mathugama Rd, Bentota 00500, Sri Lanka | +94 34 2 275073 | Rates start at USD120